Wednesday, February 08, 2006

And I'm thinking I'd prefer not to be rescued

Currently Playing: Jack's Mannequin - Rescued

The top 10 things I would do if I were to suddenly came into a large sum of money (i.e. by winning the lottery, robbing banks, dealing drugs, etc...you know):

1. Buy everyone I know a fucking electric car. Then when people say my car is electric, I can respond with, "Not as electric as yours, bitch!" Or something to that effect.

2. Pay off my parents' mortgage, car loans, etc...As long as I never have to worry about money again, they should never have to worry about money again.

3. Buy an awesome home entertainment system. Complete with the best speaker system available and the second largest plasma TV ever made (I mean, I would not want it to be too gaudy; and I definitely do not want to make it seem like I am compensating for something).

4. Find a part-time job that I would enjoy doing, but could still blow off if I felt like it. Something like substitute teaching, for example. (On a side note, I have always wondered about substitute teaching. Are substitute teachers actually substitute teachers for a living? Or are they former teachers who are inbetween jobs? Or do they just substitute teach as a side job? Who are they?)

5. Buy Tiffany that *ahem* (overpriced) necklace she likes so much. Among other things.

6. Go back to school and get a degree in something useful. Like...I don't know, Philosophy or something. Not this junk Biochemistry and Cell Biology degree I have now.

7. Blog more often. Or maybe not. I would have the time, but would I have the will to get over the laziness?

8. Travel. I could do this even if I did not win the lottery, but this way I could travel now.

9. Buy Lakers season tickets. I need to make up for all the games I have missed (i.e. all of them).

10. Donate to cancer research or maybe even do some research myself. Because let's face it, if you live long enough, you are guaranteed to get cancer sooner or later. And that sucks.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

substitute teachers are in essence just people who need a job, they aren't necessarily qualified to teach actually . . .

creepy huh?

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't get it... how can one electric car be any more electric than another? makes no sense!

11:14 PM  
Blogger watching.skies said...

That is creepy. I wonder if they do any sort of background check on them before they get asked to teach.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bro was a substitute teacher because he needed experience to become a full-time elementary school teacher. However, I'll agree that most are people who just need a job.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fine. I'll just sell the electric car. Not only will I have a lot of extra money, but the line you want to say so much wouldn't make sense anymore.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

other sources of substitute teachers: old retired teachers, student teachers, classmate's mother, your mother, etc.

11:05 AM  
Blogger watching.skies said...

I'm sure if I have enough money to buy everyone I know electric cars, then I'll have enough money to put some clause, whether legal or illegal, in the deal that won't allow you to sell the car. And if you don't want the electric car if you have to agree to the clause, then that's fine too. You can be the person who passed up a free car just for your "principles."

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home